Marketron is continually searching for intelligent, resourceful and motivated professionals to join our team. We only accept resumes for open positions. If you would like to inquire with us regarding any potential future career openings, or current openings listed below (if any), please contact us.
Reports To: SVP, Engineering
Location: Denver, CO
Marketron is the leading provider of business software solutions and services for broadcasters, offering revenue management, revenue generation and an array of digital audience engagement solutions. With more than 7,000 media organizations served globally, Marketron manages an estimated $15 billion in annual advertising revenue. Headquartered in Hailey, Idaho with offices in New York, Colorado, Alabama, and Canada, Marketron is owned by Diversis Capital. www.marketron.com
The Software Architect is a key role in Marketron’s Software Development team providing technology guidance, architecture and direction. This role is responsible for designing and defining best practice-based software engineering techniques and architecture, while continually evolving all aspects of our technology systems.
- Responsible for the design and architecture of new products and features while efficiently working with the software teams to enhance code quality and higher confidence in delivery.
- Accountability for all aspects of detailed application architecture, software design, development and deployment of Marketron’s applications.
- Create a plan of continuous incremental improvements to reduce tech debt.
- Assist in any company audits by internal or external entities.
- Maintain and enhance cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Maintain and enhance disaster recovery policies and procedures and execute quarterly disaster recovery tests.
Required Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years of software architecture experience.
- 5+ years of experience building large scale, highly available web applications.
- Experience with Microsoft based software development.
- Experience with AWS Cloud architecture.
- Experience with Ruby and React.
- Experience with MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Message queuing and publish / subscribe based architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; advanced degree is a plus.
- Strong technology Architecture Experience (both server infrastructure and application architecture).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Relentless with best practices and willing to discuss the choices you make with your fellow engineers.
- Experience with API and Services based architectures.
- Possesses strong organizational and software development skills.
- Experience in building multi-tenant SaaS applications.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience with data analytics such as Redshift and Kinesis/Spark.
- Constantly involves sitting, using hands to handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, talking and hearing
- Must have sufficient manual dexterity to work with the fingers and to reach/handle items
- Involves light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of primarily administrative nature
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels (i.e. computers, printers, or light traffic)
- May be required to work occasionally in evenings and/or weekends
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it.
Marketron is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast-paced organization and industry.